New Citizens

    This past week has been a week of many blessings. I was accompanied by Uncle Phil's secretary, Cristiane, to the federal police station to officialize my volunteer visa. And everything went smoothly. It also didn't take too long. So now I can travel back to Taiwan and there won't be any problems to get back into Brazil! I told some of my friends about and they replied, "Now you're officially Brazilian!" And I responded , "Yeah! For a year!" XD So for me, I feel like I’m a “new citizen" here in Brazil. 

    Our church had a baptism at the beach this past Saturday. I served as a greeter. From Hope Mountain, we had six boys who got baptized. And from the community, three girls got baptized. So a total of nine teens got baptized from our ministry. I was so EXCITED and ELATED! The church donated new Bibles as many teens here don’t have a Bible of their own. I was privileged to hand out Bibles to these newly baptized teens! I also stayed up the night before to write cards for them! I just wanted to encouraged them in their walk as they affirm their commitment to Christ through baptism! It was truly an incredible time!!!

    That night, I had the opportunity to go to the young adult service and a married couple opened up their home and offered to let me spend the night at their house! If they didn't, I wouldn't have been able to attend the young adult service! Ever since I came to Brazil and started going to this church, they've been really kind to me. We haven't been able to connect very much, but this opportunity gave me the chance to catch up with them! We really had a blessed time. 

Praise the Lord for His many blessings!


Technically I'm not allowed to show the faces of the boys, but you can imagine the beauty of these lives being reborn into the family of God.


It was awesome serving at the church. They are so kind and helpful.

Reception team! I'm so blessed to be with these people. It was chaotic this past Sunday because there were so many people. One of my jobs was to help people find a place to sit, but it was super hard because people moved around a lot. We also use headphones and a radio to communicate with each other, but I couldn't understand them through the radio... I was a little discouraged but they were all willing to help me out and calmed me down with their kindness.

Family time was a huge blessing. This time, Caramelo was in the photo, too!

 
These are little moments of Caramelo's cuteness.



In the early morning around 6am, I go to the gym. I've been doing this for a week now. And the sunrise is just... magnificent. And of course, Mia, the cat, is always there to greet me.

Last dinner with Uncle Ty and Aunty Karen... very sad... but I know God will lead us to meet again. 
They were really kind and gentle. 


Comments

  1. You gotta let me know when Gardena church comes down so I can get some stuff to you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh! They are coming on June 23rd! Do you know anyone from Gardena? Or should I send you a contact? I'm really sad that I won't be here as they come once a year... They are SUPER sweet.

      Delete
  2. That's a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas