Holy Spirit and Prayer

    On Monday, Bella and I had a great time with school. We were really productive. We had volleyball practice and that went pretty well as everyone was having fun but also focused on some level. Later, Bella and I went to watch Meg 2 in the theaters. I usually don't like watching scary movies but Meg 2 wasn't scary at all. It was more like an action movie and I LOVE action movies. We got home at midnight so I was really exhausted. 

    On Tuesday, I got to call my mom and dad. It was Father's Day in Taiwan so I was able to talk to my dad and pray for him. It was a blessed time. Then Bella and I had another productive time with school. Then right after school ended I had to leave quickly to go with Sirlene and Luciano to their small group. Something really amazing happened at the small group. I was really tired but I also knew that God brought me there for a reason. 

    First off, it must've been the Holy Spirit helping me because I understood most of what was being shared. Everything was in Portuguese. Nobody could help translate for me, but the Holy Spirit helped me understand everything. We were talking about Lamentations 3:54-57. 

54  water closed over my head; I said, ‘I am lost.’
55  “I called on your name, O Lordfrom the depths of the pit;
56  you heard my plea, ‘Do not close your ear to my cry for help!’
57  You came near when I called on you; you said, ‘Do not fear!’

    And honestly, I thought this was the verse for me!!! God was talking directly to me through these Bible verses!!! He knew what I was going through these past few days and He heard my cry. Later in Lamentations 3:21-24. It really answered my questions to God and I found hope in the LORD. It reminded me that the LORD is with me always and His mercy endures forever. It's true that sometimes the circumstances around me makes it hard for me to believe in these truths because of the emotions that rises up. However, I have the Word of the LORD which I can lean on. At the end of the small group, someone offered to pray for me. I couldn't speak in Portuguese about what my prayer requests were but the lovely people also knew that. We all agreed to let the Holy Spirit speak. And guess what? HE DID!!! The lovely lady prayed exactly what I was thinking and some tears rolled down my face. It was a wonderful experience of how God really cared for me and wanted the best for me. Praise the Lord!!!

21  But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end;
23  they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24  “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”



Small group on Tuesday.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas