Devotional Reflection III

Devotional, Part 3
Feel free to read the whole book of psalms!

It's nice to see the different translations of the same Bible verse. You can see how beautiful Hebrew is. You can click the link below to read the different versions of Psalm 94:19. 

As I read, I meditated on this verse, reading it in different version.

https://biblehub.com/psalms/94-19.htm

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul."

Psalms 94:19 NKJV


    Have you ever felt your anxieties crashing and overtaking you like a strong wave? Has the doubts in your mind drive you to the dark places of your soul? Have you experienced God's loving presence that lifted you out of those tough waters and set you on higher ground? Have you experienced God's mighty hand guiding you to hope, peace and joy? 


It was hard to pick a favorite, but I would say my favorite version would be the New Living Translation.


"When doubts filled my mind, Your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

Psalm 94:19 (NLT)


    The image of being filled with disappointments, frustration and hopelessness resonated with me. When doubts start, the feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction seems to follow! I love how it says that God's comfort gives me a renewed hope and cheer. He is a God who renews!!! In Him, there is a renewed life, renewed dream, renewed joy, renewed strength, and a renewed HOPE! Our Heavenly Father is in the renewal business! Just thinking about this puts a smile on my face. 


    Reading other translations and the original Hebrew words, "Your comforts", can be described as compassion, solace, and it can also refer to God's words (GW) or a soothing touch (NET Bible). God is amazing in His way of comforting us. He knows each one, so He knows what and how and when to give us comfort. It can be through reading the Bible, prayer, worshipping with music, taking a walk in nature, having fellowship with the body of believers, and more. I think the essence is His presence. It's not dependent on feelings or emotions, but the Holy Spirit brings His presence into our dark places. His presence is warmth to our cold situations. The Holy Spirit lights up our dark room. He catches our tears. He removes our sadness and replaces it with cheer. He gives access to healing and restoration. He holds our hands when anxious thoughts overwhelm us. It's a beautiful picture. 


    Let's take a moment to meditate on this. Maybe another Bible verse will pop into your mind. You might start humming a song. Or God will put someone on your heart today to share with!

   


Thank you Father for this wonderful insight. It's too sweet to be true! I thank You that I can fully rely on You. Sometimes things get out of control and anxiety comes, flooding into my head. But You are my High Tower and my Refuge. I choose to abide in Your presence through Your word. All things will fade away, but Your word will stand forever. I give this day into Your hands for I'm limited and imperfect. I know Your glory will shine through my weaknesses. Therefore, I surrender my day into Your hands. May Your name be glorified forever and ever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Recognize this place? 
Yup! It's San Diego! ❤️❤️❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas