Godly Friends

近朱者赤,近墨者黑

Birds of a Feather Flock Together

    After Carnival, although everything seemed overwhelming, God was taking care of my body, soul and spirit. He knew exactly what I needed and He provided. A couple of weeks after Carnival, there was one Sunday where God provided new friends for me, friends who were closer to my age and who were godly. These weren't just ordinary friends. These were friends that were going to make a TRUE and POSITIVE difference in my life. 

    At first, God led me to meet one person after a Bible study at church. Then this person introduced me to a whole family, and little did I know that this family would soon become another home for me. They showed me lots of love even though they didn't know me. They were so welcoming and kind. The sweet grandma always asks me if I want something to eat. She thinks I'm too skinny! I met one of the cousins, and she said I can stay overnight at her house whenever I need to since I live so far away from the downtown area, which is where the church is located! Because of this, I'm able to attend the young adults service on Saturday night and this has allowed me to meet more young adults at church. This is a huge boost to my life here in Brazil since my day-to-day life is surrounded by teenagers. I'm still learning how to trust God in His plans for me, because the path that He is taking me sometimes gets so foggy! But then at just the right moment, it clears up! 

8 "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. 

"And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 

9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts. 

- Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

    Since meeting these new friends, I feel like I'm back at the youth group when I was a teenager or when I was doing my DTS. I know I’m never alone even when I might feel lonely. With this new group of godly believers, God has again displayed His love and goodness for me. 

    Thank you once again for all your prayers and support. Praise the Lord!



This is the family that's been so kind to me. I've stayed overnight a few times now. Every time I go, I gain a little weight because of how good the food is.

 

 

 

It's amazing how blessed I am with such wonderful people. They are all gifts from God. There's a lot of laughter and every time we gather.

 

 

I continue to be amazing by how cute Caramelo is.

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts. Abby, the world will always try to get us, you must remain strong and always remember GOD is there with you, you just need to pay attention. It is when w e are tired and hungry we forget that the manna will be there if we ask I l
    ove you Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peço a Deus que Ele continue te sustentando e te usando para edificar a todos a sua volta! Nada está sendo em vão! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas