EYE on the PRIZE

EYE On The PRIZE

What does it mean when God transforms us from glory to glory?

    After the carnival madness, things were very different. We were exposed to the spiritual warfare that was happening around us. We recognized the need to put on the full armor of God. Every week, I led the boys to memorize a Bible verse. This has been going on for more than a month. We had a couple of worship and Bible reading sessions, but only the Bible verse memorization has been consistent. After encountering such spiritual warfare, I realized how unprepared I was and I needed to grow more in God's word and understanding of my spiritual authority in Jesus Christ. My mom introduced me to a free online course about spiritual authority through Novo. You can look it up, too. I sent a newsletter about the situation that happened during carnival. If you haven't read it and you would like to read it, please let me know. When I was overwhelmed, the Holy Spirit and my parents have been such a strong support, comfort, and encouragement. Thank you all for your prayers and support, too. 


    To train myself spiritually, I not only started the online course, but also cultivated the habit of having quiet times in the morning and at night. I loved having two devotionals and being in the presence of God. But at times laziness and apathy creep in when the situations around me seem discouraging or unchanged. I have to be honest with you, it is difficult for me to persevere! That's how the devil plant lies in my head, saying that I'm not suitable to be a missionary! But God, like He always does, encourages me through His word. I'm very blessed and I'm not alone no matter how I feel. Running after the prize and focusing on the unseen are what I need to do. "So we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are unseen; for the things which are visible are temporal [just brief and fleeting], but the things which are invisible are everlasting and imperishable." - 2 Corinthians 4:18 AMP. 


    My mom also reminded me that perseverance is a fruit of the Spirit, too! "5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins." - 2 Peter 1:5-9 NIV.

    To answer my question at the beginning of this post, God transforms me through perseverance and His truth! He’s leading me to experience this on a daily basis

It was a great day at cell group! We were very blessed to be joined by one of our pastors.

This was one special day indeed! It was the day that our dear sister, whose in the red dress, got baptized! And I was so blessed to go to her baptism.

This was a ladies' service. And it was the first time meeting the pastor's wife! She's in white.

This is our cell group! Still having this every week!

This was the teenager camp that we had during carnival. It was a blessed 4 days.


These are just moments I shared with all these teenagers. We had a movie night and showed the teens The Chosen for the first time. But there was a storm so the electricity kept going out... everyone still had a wonderful time, though. Praise the Lord!

Comments

  1. Oh Abby, perseverance and delay gratification is the key to success, any kind of success, in your case spiritual success. You CAN do it and GOD is your PILOT !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement Aunty Annie!!! I love you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas