Daddy's Princess

 DADDY'S PRINCESS

9Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 

10Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 

11If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Matthew 7:9-11
The time with my dad was not long enough, but the Lord knew the purpose of my dad's visit. My dad was truly a blessing to all the people he met here. He brought so much stuff for me and helped me in so many ways. We shopped for things for my room, like a cabinet, some adapters and a lamp. We played tennis three times a week, and we got to meet a lot of new friends. Dad also, at my request, brought two new basketballs! He spent a whole day helping the painter to measure the basketball lines so we can have accurate lines and also another day helping out with putting up the basketball hoops in our little gym. It was fun to see my dad really engaging with other people and having a servant's heart. I got to show him everything that I was doing and he gave some really helpful and wise feedback. My dad also helped Bella out with researching about a new online Christian school. I took him to two churches that I've been involved in. He got to meet all my friends and they all enjoyed meeting him. 

I just want to say it again: It was such a blessing to have my dad here. I'm just so blessed. There's no other way to say it. It felt like it wasn't just my dad encouraging me and giving me support, but all my family and friends as well. My mom bought things for me, people from church gave me gifts, my aunt gave me SO much as well, and my grandma and family relatives are all so supportive of me. I didn't do anything to deserve this love but God gave me these people to show that He cares about me and nothing can separate His LOVE from me. And I continue to experience His grace through people around me who forgive me. And I can't stop thinking about God's goodness chasing after me, because it's TRUE! It's so evident in my life!

I would like to thank all the friends and family who supported me since leaving Taiwan to pursue God's calling as a missionary in South America since June of 2022, when I left to attend YWAM Freiburg. It's been almost two years. There have been highs and lows. But I wouldn't be here without the prayers and support of all of you. I would like to honor all of you for your love. May His face shine upon you and keep you as He has kept me. We are all missionaries in the place God has put us. Let us continue to run this race with perseverance and keep our eyes on JESUS. May the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Peace, continue to minister in our hearts that we may produce much fruit. In Jesus’ name, Amen. 

These are the 2 cell groups I'm involved in. But both are from the same church. Both are my family.

We had a goodbye party for a girl that's leaving to study in another state.

 
We played beach tennis for the first time with friends. Then we visited their house and family. They play a huge part in starting Hope Mountain.

 
We took our dogs to the dog park for the first time. It was super fun meeting other dogs and letting Caramelo make new friends and learn how to interact with other dogs.



There was a youth event at a church couple's house. 
We had a Brazilian BBQ at the pool!

We had a good time together trying different food!

Had a unique and unplanned opportunity to go to the beach!

We went to the mall to sort out my SIM card and we had dinner afterwards.

 
Played so much tennis. It was so satisfying and met a lot of great friends!


Had more Brazilian food and got to see the whole view of the city. The food is called the "slaves' food" because back in the day, slaves ate the left over parts of the pig and cow and they mix it with Brazilian beans. It takes a long time to make this type of stew. 

We helped setting up the basketball hoops and paint lines. Dad tried Brazilian tapioca for the first time and he didn't like it because it didn't have any taste...

Dad spending time with the boys. He was born to interact with people.

Beach day! We also tried hard to get Caramelo used to the beach and the waves.

Another beach evening and dinner with all sorts of pizza.

Dad got me a new cabinet and we put it together.

We celebrated Neide's birthday!

Moqueca is a yummy fish stew that a Vitorian food. 

Dad leaving...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas