FUTEBOL CRAZY

 FUTEBOL CRAZY

Salve o Corinthians (All hail Corinthians)
O campeão dos campeões (The champion of champions)
Eternamente (Eternally)
Dentro dos nossos corações (In our hearts)
Hino Do Corinthians (The Anthem of the Corinthians)

    The week was awesome. Bella and I got all the schoolwork done before the weekend so we can enjoy our weekend at the soccer game, which is called futebol in Portuguese. 

    We had to take a 17 hour bus ride to Sao Paulo to watch the game. On the bus, we had a lot of fun. I made new friends with the guys and they helped me memorize the chants of our team. 

    We got there pretty early to explore the BIGGEST fan club of our team. We had Feijoada, which is a traditional Brazilian stew. It was delicious. We had time to look around the Corinthian's fan club store and got some stuff on sale. Then we waited a bit to leave to go to the stadium. I got to meet these 2 lovely girls. One was 18 and the other was 13. It was really fun talking to them, despite my poor Portuguese. 

    We got to the stadium 2 hours early to get the front! We were right behind the goal! Even though the game ended 1:1, I still had one of the best times of my life!

    It was raining the entire time. I took the 17 hour bus back and it was super cold, so I caught a cold. But I'm feeling better now.

These were all the people on our bus. Our own little fan club from our state, Espirito Santo.

 
The stadium was beautiful. There were 40,800 people!

 
The bus was awesome! The lady did my hair! She was super sweet!

  
It was super interesting to visit the BIGGEST fan club because we all saw it in on TV. I never thought I would be able to visit the actual site!

 
Fun time with Bella! The fan club is called Gavioes da Fiel, meaning Faithful Hawks.

 
Yummy lunch and having fun at the game.


We were right behind the goal! And we saw that we made the goal right in front of our eyes!!!
You can find us in this photo!

 
The little boy in front of me always got my name wrong and called me Asthma. But he is super adorable! 

I really can't wait for the next time I get to go watch a game with the crew!

 Vai Corinthians! (Go Corinthians!)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas