Taking the Sabbath

    This weekend was special. I knew I needed time to myself to focus on God because I was starting to have a lot of negative thoughts and depressing emotions. Friday was a tough day because of all of these thoughts and emotions starting flooding over me and I was overwhelmed and exhausted. 


    So on Saturday, I went to my cell group. I brought a boy from the Mountain named Vitor and we had a blessed time. Just as I was going through some processes emotionally, God reminded me that I was a worshipper. At the cell group, I was able to play the guitar and sing "Oceans" with everyone. That was a huge breakthrough for me as I was reminded of my calling and purpose. Then from the early evening to night, there was a 5 hour worship and prayer time at another church of a friend. After some the worship and lots of prayer, my heart felt lighter and filled with God's peace and even joy. I felt like Hannah in the Bible coming before God troubled but leaving the temple full of peace, refreshed, reassured, and a smile on my face. Glory to God!


    I was able to sleepover at a friend's house because going home at 10pm is dangerous as I would have to take 2 buses home which would take 40 minutes. Then on Sunday morning, I got a chance to go to the beach with another friend. We left at 7am and hung out until noontime. But when I got home I only had less than an hour to get ready for church... Although this weekend didn't seem that restful, I enjoyed abiding in the Holy Spirit in all the activities. I'm really blessed to have people that really care about me. 


Answer me when I call to you,
    my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
    have mercy on me and hear my prayer. -- Psalm 4:1

This is my small group from my church!

He only gets cuter by the hour.

My doggy, Caramelo! This is his favorite toy.

This was my first time taking the bus by myself! I'm a real Brazilian now!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas