Valentine's Day Party

     Valentine's Day in Brazil was June 12th but we just celebrated together as a big family yesterday, 27th of July. Aunt Corenne gave a list of our boys names to the churches in the States and asked for people to write Valentine's Day cards to the boys. We got 4,000 cards!!! It was amazing! We only distributed 20 cards for each boy but they were thrilled!!! 

    Aunt Stephenie, a lovely lady from Gardena Valley Baptist Church whose a part of the missions team, spoke about God's perfect love. It touched many people's hearts! The whole day I was making sugar cookies for the boys to have Valentine's Day cookies to decorate and eat. They had a lot of fun. A little testimony to share with you guys. Me and Jayson, another American, had to find a heart shaped cookie cutter. We had to look everywhere. I told Jayson that we should start praying because I really didn't know where would it be. We were at the last place to find it. Jayson found the Lord's Prayer in Portuguese so he started reading it out loud. And I found a bag of cookie cutters but didn't see the heart shaped one. So I said to Jayson, "Keep reading!" Then seconds later, I saw the perfect heart shaped cookie cutter!!! I really loved how the Holy Spirit was guiding us as we allowed Him to lead.

    I was exhausted but by God's grace I'm still alive and breathing. I woke up at 5:30am to feed my dog, Caramelo and walk him. I saw the beautiful sunrise. I would love to watch it every morning... it was majestic. I can only sing God's praises when I see the breathtaking sunrise. 

    I hope you guys can experience this life-changing and perfect love of God every moment in your life! Love you guys!

Me and Aunt Jenny who's also from Gardena Valley Baptist Church. She's very much like my mom.

Kids decorating the Valentine's Day cookies. I gotta say, they were really yummy!

This Valentine's Day Party took place in our future church space!

This is a boy and Stephenie. He was massaging her back.

I sat with these sweet boys. On the left is Deivid. In the middle is Lucas.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adjusting Once Again

Amazing Birthday Weekend

A very WARM Christmas